Close Map

History

Fairview was incorporated on July 28, 1959, under the Uniform City Manager-Commission Charter as set out in Tennessee Code Annotated. Fairview was originally known as “Jingo.”

Fairview is home to Bowie Park which is one of the largest city managed parks in the state of Tennessee. Bowie Commons has a Publix supermarket.

Fairview has two Elementary Schools, Fairview, and Westwood serving over 1000 students with grades K-5. Fairview Middle has an enrollment of 800 plus and is home to grades 6th-8th. Fairview High School serves over 1000 students and is home of the Yellow Jackets. Fairview High School was listed as one of the top 1000 High Schools in the US according to Newsweek Magazine.

Fairview has a recreation center that is part of Williamson County Parks and Recreation system. The center offers exercise classes, and a gym with free weights, and machines. There is a full size basketball court that is open for free play.

Fairview Ball Park has been open since 1982. In the spring, and early summer the youth of Fairview play softball, and baseball in the local recreation leagues. In the fall the park is home to an adult softball league. There are four fields located at the park, Field 1 for senior league baseball, Field 2 for tee ball, and softball, Field 3 for age groups up to 12 playing baseball, and Field 4 which is primarily a softball field.

The city is 25 minutes from downtown Nashville, and is located along State Highway 100 in the NW section of Williamson County. Many have migrated from the north to settle in Fairview.